I've been enough of a pill this week to put two grizzlies to sleep. So I thought I'd spread some sunshine. Sometimes being positive goes a long way in picking yourself back up. Nothing's been wrong, but I've been like a box of sarcasm with a side of sass so I'm going to do an exercise for this month:
Every Friday, I will list 5 things I'm thankful for that week. This is the month to be thankful, after all. So here goes nothing!
- I am thankful for my husband - I took my extensions out this week and while I was feeling like a naked mole-rat, he looked at me and said "keep it just like that." There's something special about a man who would take you completely as you are, so thanks Chris for making me feel like a beauty queen, even with a crazy head full of curls or any other number of times I know I really looked a mess.
- I am thankful for my sister - She's been in town a couple weeks and I have to say, if I ever had the money for a full time assistant, she's got the job. She gets me, and my crazy and she knows how to tell me no when I'm being flighty (which is all day every day.) She's also been dealing with the small people while they're out of school so THANK YOU Karolyn.
- I am thankful for coffee - Do I need to explain this? Unless you're new around here, you know I'm like a cross of Olivia Pope with a family meets Dory from "Finding Nemo," and let's be real, without the coffee, I'm just plain Dory.
- I am thankful for making it - We had to buy a car in a matter of a week with absolutely zero intention of shelling out thousands of dollars for the same. I could scream about the financial scramble that happened, but we pulled it together and handled it and I'm grateful just to keep on getting by.
- I am thankful for you - Yes, YOU. Reading this right now. I have gotten some overwhelming messages and emails in the past month. People I haven't heard from in years and people I've never met have been connecting with the nutty stuff I write. Believe me when I say I will never become jaded to this. All I have EVER wanted to be, above all things, was a writer, and to connect with people through my words. Who knew it'd be with my real life crazy and not fiction? I sure didn't. But to every person who sent awesome words of encouragement, I'm thankful from the depths of my heart.
How's that for some positivity? What are you thankful for this week? Let's all focus a little more on the happy things today, and everyday.