This post was inspired by one of my Facebook friends asking what's best for curly hair. Honestly you can't own as much hair in as many different textures as I do without amassing a list of "good" and "bad" products, so I've decided to do a series of posts on my go to products based on texture. The first will be curly hair!
The biggest "need to know" about curly hair is that curls need moisture! Without moisture, curly hair can turn into frizzy hair, tangled, hot mess hair, FAST. So here are my favorite products for gorgeous, frizz free, curly hair! In no particular order:
- Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream: I swear by this! If you're looking to hold your curls without the crunchiness and dryness of mouse, gel and hairsprays, this is for you. After washing your hair and towel drying, I add a dime sized amount of product to each side of my hair and I have frizz free SOFT curls! And it smells heavenly. It's available at Walgreens and anywhere else they sell Organix products (Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner: Curly hair needs a LOT of moisture. This conditioner packs a hydrating punch without being over the top expensive. I'd compare it with Paul Mitchell conditioner in quality for a fraction of the price. It's a great everyday conditioner and it's available everywhere from drug stores on up.
- Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse: Different hair likes different things, and some hair needs a little more control than others. This mousse gives hold without that icky "crunchy" feeling mousse can leave your hair with. Like the Tresemme conditioner, this is widely available and less than ten bucks.
- Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum: This stuff has been on my holy grail list of products since middle school when I started getting my real hair flat ironed. Just a dime sized amount of this stuff will leave your hair smooth, shiny, moisturized and smelling AH-MAZING. I use this serum across the board, curly, wavy, straight hair, doesn't matter. It's good as a finishing serum or heat protectant, or even added to your conditioner to infuse more moisture. This is a little more expensive at about $20 for 5.6 oz, but it's so worth it. I usually buy this from Sally's, but I've also seen it in Marshall's or Ross for a discounted price (and I snatch it up every time!).
- Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque: Let's face it, sometimes your hair just feels warped, tired, dry, it's not acting like you want at all. That's a sign it needs a reset in the form of a deep conditioning treatment. I absolutely love this deep conditioner. I also use this across textures. I just saturate my hair (be generous with it) and leave it on for a couple hours while I do house chores, work on the blog or binge watch something on Netflix. Make sure to thoroughly rinse this out and your hair will be softer than ever, believe me! I also get this at Sally's Beauty and it's about $8.
Keep in mind that all hair is different! Try them out and see if they work for you. What works for my Naturally curly hair and extensions may not work for yours but these products can lead you in the right direction. Let me know what you think in the comments section. I'll be back to give you my straight hair must haves next week!