What You'll Need:
- 2 large bone-in chicken breasts
- 15 oz box uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups fresh spinach, dices
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ox cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- salt and pepper
- 26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce (I use tomato basil)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper generously.
Roast 30-35 minutes until done.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil and add salt to taste.
Add pasta shells and boil until about al dente (approximately 12 minutes)
When the pasta is done, drain and rinse with cool water. Drain and rinse with cool water.
Place the pasta shells on a tray and pick out the good shells. Not all the shells will survive the boiling process intact. Set those aside.
When chicken is done, let cool and dice 2 cups worth of chicken. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and mayo. Add parsley and italian seasoning and stir in egg.
Fold in one cup of mozzarella cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
Add cheese mixture to chicken mixture, stirring well until well com pined. Spread half of the spaghetti sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish
Stuff the shells with the chicken mixture and place into the dish and pour the remaining sauce over the center of the shells.
Cover and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with remaining mozarella cheese.
Bake uncovered for another 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly. Serve with salad and breadsticks.