Every girl has her mental list of "dessert island" makeup must-haves - here's mine!
1. Naked Palette by Urban Decay Cosmetics: I live for Urban Decay shadows! And the original is most definitely the best. A must have, go-to palette that you can use from day to night, over and over and create endless looks.
2. MAC Cosmetics 224 tapered blending brush: There is nothing more essential to a good eyeshadow application than BLENDING. Blending is the difference between a seamless transition of colors or a horrid clown lid. For all my blending needs this baby is awesome! It never fails, never sheds and isn't too soft to really blend those shadows together, honey.
3. Benefit's "They're Real" Push Up Liner: I've made a video and lengthy post on why I love this! It's the most long lasting blacker than black liner, and makes winged liner applications easy peezy! Can't rave enough about it.
4. Real Techniques Buffing Brush: I cannot say enough about how important good tools are for a flawless countour. A lot of people use this brush to apply foundation, but I love this brush for buffing out my concealer and setting my mineralize skin finish. It's amazingly dense, has just the right amount of stiffness to buff out the lines between my highlight and contour, and doesn't shed. A must have for every makeup collection and affordable to boot!
5. MAC Paintpots in Painterly and Groundwork: These are amazing for eyeshadow primer. I used to use groundwork exclusively, it's extremely "brown-girl" friendly. But about a year ago I was introduced to Painterly, which is much lighter than groundwork, but with colorful eyeshadow applications, ensures that the colors pop just as desired.
6. Ecotools Tapered Blush Brush: I'm not using this the way I'm supposed to, but with makeup, sometimes you have to do it your way! I use this brush for applying my highlight powders and it's just so soft! It ensures the perfect soft airbrushed effect of light shimmer.
7. Lorac Pro 2 Palette: When the first Lorac Pro palette came out, I never really saw the hype, especially because I was in the midst of hoarding Naked Palettes which shared the same nude hues. I picked the second up on a whim at Ulta and fell in love. The matte shadows in this palette are especially beautiful, easy to apply and very pigmented. Certainly worth the price. (I'm GIVING ONE OF THESE AWAY! Make sure to enter the contest which ends October 15th, 2014!!!)
8. MAC Blunt Blush: I can't say enough about what the right contour can do for your face. I have extremely flat features, so a good contour is a must when I put on a full face of makeup. For my everyday applications, blunt blush is a quick and build-able contour weapon. It's not too dark, and since it's powder, I can easily blend it out if I get a little heavy handed. It's matte finish is amazing as well.
9. Viva Glam II lipstick: I'm a MAC girl for life when it comes to lipsticks! But more than any, I adore Viva Glam II. It's a gorgeous Satin Nude color that's just pink enough to make me swoon. I wear it with cork liner and it's perfect for any day or occasion.
10. MAC Matchmaster Liquid Foundation: No matter how many foundations I try, this is the one I come back to. It's a full coverage, long wear, no muss foundation that leaves you with a flawless matte finish and it's wearable year-round.
I'll definitely probably update this list over time! But gives these products a try!