You guys see I like to rant and rave over products I love! So I'll be doing monthly round ups of all the products I'm falling out over and give you the play by play every month. And since I'm so crazy, I'm limiting myself now to no more than ten things a month. Let's see if I can keep that limit in tact! Here's the products I went bananas for in October!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette: This little palette has packed so much punch into my eyeshadow game this month. SERIOUSLY. I'm particularly fond of "Deep Plum," "Morocco," and "Caramel" as transition shades. Their matte finish and potent pigment just make a world of depth and difference in any eye look. It was $29 at Ulta, but it's pretty hard to find now. If you do happen to see it though (I've heard of girls still spotting it that's why I'm posting on it) SNATCH IT! It's worth every dime.
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms: I've been a high end cosmetics snob for a while and I've been coming off of my pedestal for the ABD readers and you know what I found? A ton of stuff I LOVE! That includes these pigmented chubby lip pencils. They aren't necessarily matte to a MAC Retro Matte lover like me, but they are gorgeous true to color lippies that are hydrating and don't break the bank. I would say they wear about 4 hours, which isn't long, but I just throw whichever I'm wearing in my bag. for $6 at the local Walmart, I can't complain!
- MAC lipstick in "Sin": I'm a sucker for a fall lip. Something vampy and edgy - not to mention a bold lip gives me an excuse to do my go to neutral eye, and let's face it, I'm a lipstick gal over everything! My go to fall shade is usually "Diva" by MAC and Sin was already in my collection but when they released it as a repromote with the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" Collection I got it again and fell in love all over! It's the perfect amount of brown infused into a deep wine red for that vamp lip that's very "brown girl" friendly. I've been reaching for it over and over again. If you love a nice matte fall lip, this one's for you!
This is a permanent shade available from MAC for $16.
- Wet N Wild lipstick "Mauve Outta Here": Again, I have been scouring the drug stores for good finds. This lipstick was one that I heard about on Makeup Social and when I saw it in the store for $2 I kind of shrugged and threw it in my basket. I was shocked at just how much I loved this lipstick, specifically with such a low price point. It has a semi satin finish, a little more matte than a satin from MAC, but it's incredibly opaque and lasted about 8 hours through a full day of work, talking, eating and lots of coffee. I would definitely say pick it up for such a cheap price.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: When I ran out of my go to MAC concealer, I took it as another opportunity to venture on out. So I grabbed Maybelline's Fit Me concealer. One thing I love about this little baby is the wand applicator. I usually just pump my MAC Pro Longwear onto my hand and go to work with a beauty blender but this wand gives me a little more quick precision when it comes to placement. I just place it where I want it and blend it out with a damp beauty blender. I had no creasing or settling and this didn't make me oily - even on a 16 hour wear kind of day. That's saying alot for a $9 concealer from CVS!
- Tom Ford Velvet Orchid: Alright, I kept it pretty reasonable didn't I? Let's talk about something worth splurging on! And that's this addictive scent. I got this as a sample and I fell in La La La, LOVE. And then I went to buy it and said "NOPE." Tom, you cannot have $112 for a bottle of perfume! And then the smell was just stuck in my head so I went back and got it (Shhhhh! Don't tell Chris!) And it is so worth it! It's a smooth scent that's somewhat floral but more sensual and musky. It's described as an "uber-feminine fragrance lavished with notes of cool citrus, dramatic petals, honey and rum." All I can tell you is to smell it for yourself. You deserve a little opulence. Just don't look when they swipe your card!
I hope you liked this quick round up of product I couldn't keep my hands off! What are some of your favorites? Let me know so I can try them out and they just may end up here on ABD next month. Stay gorgeous!